We use cookies to give you the best browsing experience and to help us understand how you use our site. Cookies are small snippets of data stored on your computer and some have already been set. By continuing to use our website you are accepting our use of cookies. To find out more, read about cookies

How do I change the name on my Barclaycard account?

If you’ve changed your name or if it needs updating on our records, we’ll need you to send us a covering letter along with a copy of the relevant document – see below:

• For Marriage / Civil Partnership - Marriage Certificate or Civil Partnership Registration Document
• For Deed Poll - Deed Poll Certificate
• For Divorce/Dissolved Civil Partnership - Divorce Papers/Dissolved Civil Partnership Documentation and Marriage Certificate or Divorce Papers/Dissolved Civil Partnership Documentation and Birth Certificate or Deed Poll Certificate
• If your name is misspelled or wrong way round - Passport or Driving Licence or EU National ID Card

We need this to meet regulatory requirements – and to help protect you from fraud.

Please send a good quality copy of your document to us at:

Customer Relations Department
PO Box 9131
51 Saffron Road
LE18 9DE

Please do not send original documents.

Please note that only the main cardholder can change the name on an account.

How useful did you find this entry?

Not at all Very useful