We use cookies to give you the best browsing experience and to help us understand how you use our site. Cookies are small snippets of data stored on your computer and some have already been set. By continuing to use our website you are accepting our use of cookies. To find out more, read about cookies

I checked my Experian Credit Report and found an incorrect entry which has negatively affected my score – how can I fix it?

You will first need to speak to Experian to let them know that you disagree with an entry on your credit report. They will then raise a dispute with the lender in question and ask for the entry to be verified. The lender will investigate and if they agree the error was made, the lender will update the entry registered on your credit report. Experian, or another credit reference agency, will be able to give you further information on this process.
Remember also that your Experian Credit Score, as provided to Barclaycard customers via Barclaycard.co.uk is updated every 60 days and so once you resolve the dispute you many not see an immediate change until your score has been refreshed.

How useful did you find this entry?

Not at all Very useful