We use cookies to give you the best browsing experience and to help us understand how you use our site. Cookies are small snippets of data stored on your computer and some have already been set. By continuing to use our website you are accepting our use of cookies. To find out more, read about cookies

What should I do if I have difficulties making payments?

We understand that people's circumstances change, and we'll do everything we can to help you when we know there's a problem. That's why, if you're struggling to meet your monthly repayments, you should let us know - the worst thing you can do is ignore the problem. Just give us a call on 0800 151 0900 (for Landline) or 0333 200 9090(for mobile) and we may be able to help you out.

If it's difficult for you to talk to us you can always speak to an independant organisation for free, confidential and impartial advice. Try StepChange who can take an independant look at your financial situation and find a way for you to manage your debts.  You can call them on 0800 138 1111 or visit www.stepchange.org.

Other independant organisations offering free advice include:

Citizens Advice Bureau: For advice and information on debt and other topics, visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (address in the phone book) or go to www.adviceguide.org.uk (England & Wales), www.cas.org.uk (Scotland) or www.citizensadvice.co.uk (Northern Ireland).

National Debtline: If you live in England, Wales or Scotland phone 0808 808 4000 or visit www.nationaldebtline.co.uk for debt advice and information.

My Money Steps: Money Steps is a new website where borrowers can get access to straight forward advice, information and the practical support they need to help them manage their borrowing and take control of their finances. It is free, impartial and backed by the Money Advice Trust and Barclaycard. Visit www.mymoneysteps.org

For call charges click here.

Thank you for rating this entry