I want to make a claim under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, what are my rights?

Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, you’re covered if something goes wrong with new or second-hand goods you’ve purchased on your credit card in the UK or abroad.

Under Section 75 you could be entitled to compensation from Barclaycard if goods you’ve bought on your credit card are:

  • Faulty
  • Not delivered
  • Or the information given about them was misleading

You’ll be able to make a claim under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as long as:

  • At least part of the goods or services were purchased on your credit card by you, the main cardholder (additional cardholders or third parties won’t be covered)
  • The single value of the one item is between £100 to £30,000
  • The purchase was made less than six years ago

As Section 75 is quite complex, we’ve explained this in more detail on the Protecting you and your purchases’ page.

If you think you’re eligible to query a transaction, please follow these three steps:

  1. Log in to Barclaycard online servicing
  2. View your spending and click on the transaction you want to dispute
  3. Click ‘Query a transaction’ and follow the on screen instructions

If you’re not registered for Barclaycard online servicing, you can raise a query by filling in the details on a disputed transaction form and sending it to us at the address on the bottom of the form.

Alternatively, you can give us a call on 0800 161 5291 from 7am to 9pm Monday to Friday or 8am to 6pm on Saturday. Call charges apply

We also offer a Next Generation Text or SignVideo service. For more information visit barclaycard.co.uk/accessibility.

If you’re unsure if you’ve got a valid claim, don’t worry as we’ll review the details and ensure your claim is processed correctly. 

Did this answer your question?

We are sorry you didn't find this helpful. Please let us know how we can improve this answer!